As your organization gets larger and the amount of work grows, you will eventually start looking for tools to help your business. A CAT Tool is typically the first purchase a business owner makes, and a Translation Project Management System comes second. Can the two co-exist or does one replace the other? Is there an overlap of functionalities or are they supplemental to each other? These are the questions we will address.
XTRF integrates with Computer-Aided Translation (CAT) tools used in the translation process. It does so on various levels. The basic integration allows you to save a significant amount of time and eliminates errors resulting from manually preparing financials. Creating payables and receivables is automated for users of Across, Déja Vu, Fortis, Logoport, memoQ, Memsource, MultiTrans, SDL Passolo, SDL TMS, SDL Trados Studio, SDL GroupShare, Transit NXT, Wordfast, and XTM. All these come integrated at no extra cost and available across all XTRF packages.
Here’s a video to see how it’s done.
Looking for a higher level of automation and productivity?
To solve these, XTRF developed a deeper integration for memoQ, Memsource, SDL GroupShare, SDL Trados Studio, and XTM. The project workflow integration in XTRF allows for the automatic creation of projects within the CAT tools. It works on the file structure and parameters entered in the XTRF Platform. The CAT tools analyze the files and send the analysis to the XTRF Platform and this information creates pricing and is available when calculating receivables and payables. At each stage of the CAT tool’s project workflow, it is possible to preview the current state of files in the XTRF Platform. The extent of the Project Manager’s involvement is significantly reduced due to a fully automated project management process.
If you use memoQ, Memsource, SDL GroupShare, SDL Trados Studio, or XTM as your organization’s central system, you can still use the tool your translators know well and simultaneously gain control of the project workflow. This approach automates the Project Managers’ work, as they then only need to set up projects in one of the two systems. The XTRF Platform also enables them to control the status of the projects and vendor workload. What’s more, it accelerates the translation process by sending notifications to vendors that a given job is started. The vendors can start their work when the status of the preceding job is changed to ready, and therefore there are no delays in the translation process. At the completion point of a CAT tool project, the files are transferred back to the XTRF Platform and are viewable by the Project Manager, who then can send for additional processing, if necessary, and then delivered to the client.
XTRF Platform is a flexible and efficient tool which enables you to further extend its capabilities by adjusting the project management workflow to your requirements.
Thanks to XTRF Platform’s CAT tool integration it is possible to:
- Modify the project workflow to anticipate your clients’ and vendors’ needs.
- Easily import analysis files, in many different formats, from nearly two dozen CAT tools which are available on the market.
- Prepare a project workflow with additional jobs that can be performed outside the CAT tool at designated stages of the translation process.
- Allow clients to order services that use CAT tools, directly from the Customer Portal.
- Prepare quotes and projects, including cost calculation, automatically, based on the data from both integrated systems.
- Generate target and/or bilingual files for the client.
- Update translation memories and term bases in the CAT tool upon completion of the integrated project.
- Track project progress and deadlines.
- Send information to vendors about setting up a new project.
- Automatically deliver files to and receive from vendors and clients, with Project Managers having the ability to preview files at every step.
For more information regarding a specific integration, get in touch with us – we are happy to walk you through how your organization can benefit from a CAT tool integration with XTRF.